Welcome! I am a self-taught pique assiette ("broken from plate")
mosaic artist who has been creating whimsical and elegant pieces since 1998. This is a wonderful way to combine my love of color, vintage pottery, china and jewelry into one alchemical medium. Each one-of-a-kind piece reveals itself to me moment by moment. I'm not always sure where the piece will go when I begin, but the piece knows!

I especially love custom work and I welcome wholesale opportunities.

You can visit my rarely-updated-but-very-cool personal web site here, and my not-updated-since-forever portfolio over on EBSQ here. Both sites contain many of my past creations, sold and commissioned, that will inspire you to lofty and dizzying heights should you wish to commission your own piece. You can also go to my etsy store to BUY STUFF NOW! Please.

email me: lauraw217@gmail.com

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Carole's Custom Mirror - YUMMY!

A while back a previous client, Carole from Lake Forest, IL, sent me her deceased mother's jewelry. I first wrote about it here.
She had asked that I do an 8x10 mirror for her, and a 5x7 frame for a black and white photo of her mother sitting at her dressing table on her wedding day.

I was stunned by the collection of pieces she sent in terms of quantity and quality. What a fabulous project. Here is Carole's mirror:



Needless to say, I was touched to find photos in the locket.




I "happened" to have letter charms and trinkets that perfectly match Carole's maiden and married names.



2 comments:

  1. Dazzling, literally and figuratively. Gorgeous piece. I want to wear it. HOW do you do this stuff without getting grout and such in the jewels? You have powerful hoodoo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, who would have thought of such a project?
    Not me, that is amazing. And what an eye to turn the jumble of attractive jewelry into a work of art. Just perfect, not too much, not too little.
    Impressive.

    ReplyDelete