Welcome! I am a self-taught pique assiette ("broken from plate")
mosaic artist who has been creating whimsical and elegant pieces since 1998. This is a wonderful way to combine my love of color, vintage pottery, china and jewelry into one alchemical medium. Each one-of-a-kind piece reveals itself to me moment by moment. I'm not always sure where the piece will go when I begin, but the piece knows!

I especially love custom work and I welcome wholesale opportunities.

You can visit my rarely-updated-but-very-cool personal web site here, and my not-updated-since-forever portfolio over on EBSQ here. Both sites contain many of my past creations, sold and commissioned, that will inspire you to lofty and dizzying heights should you wish to commission your own piece. You can also go to my etsy store to BUY STUFF NOW! Please.

email me: lauraw217@gmail.com

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Carole's Custom Photo Frame

Gak! I'm so behind in posting a lot of the newest pieces. I'm applying to grad school which is all very exciting. I am hoping that I can manage to eat and feed the furs by supplementing bazillions of dollars in student loans with the occasional art sale.

This very special frame for a very special photo was first posted here. You can see the mirror I made for Carole with her Mom's jewelry in the post preceding this one. But here, at last, is the frame designed to hold the 5x7 black and white photo of Mom Janet on her wedding day, surrounded by mothers of the bride and groom and Janet's best friend.

The piece de resistance for me was finding her Dad Bill's wedding band in the huge stash of jewelry Carole sent. I had a small "B" charm so this worked out very nicely.

Could the angel flower girl be any more synchronistically perfect? I thought not.


Such a phenomenal array of jewelry pieces to choose from. And I still have leftovers for another piece to be decided upon!





I could do projects like Carole's for the rest of my life and be content.
Thanks Carole!

1 comment:

  1. Great frame for a great photo. The treasures were in good hands because they (the hands) were attached to a thoughtful brain, adept heart.

    ReplyDelete