Welcome! I am a self-taught pique assiette ("broken from plate")
mosaic artist who has been creating whimsical and elegant pieces since 1998. This is a wonderful way to combine my love of color, vintage pottery, china and jewelry into one alchemical medium. Each one-of-a-kind piece reveals itself to me moment by moment. I'm not always sure where the piece will go when I begin, but the piece knows!

I especially love custom work and I welcome wholesale opportunities.

You can visit my rarely-updated-but-very-cool personal web site here, and my not-updated-since-forever portfolio over on EBSQ here. Both sites contain many of my past creations, sold and commissioned, that will inspire you to lofty and dizzying heights should you wish to commission your own piece. You can also go to my etsy store to BUY STUFF NOW! Please.

email me: lauraw217@gmail.com

Monday, April 12, 2010

Tommy's Trippy Tip Cups, Two

See post below this one for backstory, but two of the three tip cups are done. Yay. I would certainly fork over a larger tip than I had intended upon seeing something this darn cute and irresistible. (All tips tossed into these cups are matched by the owners of Tommy's Coffee Shop and Zeke & Earl's hot dog stand and given to the Cashiers-Highlands Humane Society.)

I've included my plus-size model for scale. Strike that pose, Annie! (Please note how much of her belly and butt hang off the railing.)



Sadie loves the smell of Japanese figurines in the evening.


I'm ambivalent about the handles. I had planned to put a strand of beads along the outside but...well...it all just did not come together as neatly as I had envisioned in my muddled mind's eye. I'm of a mind to just leave them as they are. Wait staff are probably going to want to grab them and flip them over every night to pour out all the well-deserved loot, and they look fine.
Right?

1 comment:

  1. Right.

    The practical aspect of having uncomplicated handles for dumping loot can't be overstated. SMART. Clean. Form followed function. Besides, the rest of each cup is so tripindicularly spectacular. I dig 'em both.

    Love the catty model, comments. Nice camera work.

    j

    ReplyDelete