Welcome! I am a self-taught pique assiette ("broken from plate")
mosaic artist who has been creating whimsical and elegant pieces since 1998. This is a wonderful way to combine my love of color, vintage pottery, china and jewelry into one alchemical medium. Each one-of-a-kind piece reveals itself to me moment by moment. I'm not always sure where the piece will go when I begin, but the piece knows!

I especially love custom work and I welcome wholesale opportunities.

You can visit my rarely-updated-but-very-cool personal web site here, and my not-updated-since-forever portfolio over on EBSQ here. Both sites contain many of my past creations, sold and commissioned, that will inspire you to lofty and dizzying heights should you wish to commission your own piece. You can also go to my etsy store to BUY STUFF NOW! Please.

email me: lauraw217@gmail.com

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy 2011 Ginny & Guesly!

After memorializing dearly departed cats and dogs for his sisters with my vintage jewelry frames, I begged friend John to let me do a frame for, you know, still incarnate pets. His parents adopted JRT littermates Guesly (gray) and Ginny (tan) in December 2008 and they get plenty of blog love from (Uncle? Brother?) John's readership.

I pulled this photo from John's blog for my inspiration as the composition was perfect for the layout of the frame.

I could not believe my luck in finding so many perfect JRT charms and brooches on eBay. I spent three times what I normally pay for personalizing such creations, but the pieces that I found were too serendipitous to walk away from.


Check out this little Ginny charm on a chain with the bone in the bowl at the end:




The double Terrier brooch was the first one I found, and needless to say, it rocked my little world!

This altered art, JRT pendant was another gem and seemed so fitting for a few reasons:


Another inspired and very fulfilling custom project. Thanks, John!

What Jack Russell Terrier frame?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,

    Your cat has the same expression as mine: "I'll seat wherever I want" :-)

    Take care,

    José

    ReplyDelete